Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So Close by Jon McLaughlin from Enchanted

I really loved the movie "Enchanted" because of the witty story line, the memorable characters and of course the magical songs in it! This is one of my favorites from the movie, it's a song called "So Close". Sometimes, the person that we love are near us. Sometimes, we even know them, but we try so hard to look another way or look for another. Sometimes, we ask God to give us the perfect guy or girl when all God wants us to have is to have the guy or girl beside you, who's been with you through thick and thin, who's cared for you and knows the real you. 


Listening to the song reminds me of the ballroom scene where Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams we're dancing together. They knew they had feelings for each other and yet they weren't true to themselves and didn't admit it until the "kiss" proved they were meant for each other. At times, I also feel in between the state if being close to my girlfriend and being far from her. But I'm still praying and I'm thankful because at least now I feel we're much closer (so I guess that's means we're less far from each other also.)


Here's the lyrics:

You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close

How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far



Here is the mp3 version:





Here is the live version:




Hope this song made you think of someone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)