Monday, October 29, 2012

Remembrance by Matt Maher and Matt Redman

Communion has always been special to me since I was baptized at our church long ago. It never fails to draw a picture in my mind of what Jesus did for me. I picture his pain and suffering and I can visualize him still hanging in there and not letting go of the wooden cross despite the tremendous shame and agony.

Yet today as I come into communion, the partaking of the bread and wine, I am invited once again to renew my commitment to Him that I will live for Him just as He came to save sinners just like me.

Here is a song by Matt Maher and Matt Redman about remembering what Christ did for us.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Verse 1:
Oh, how could it be
That my God would welcome me
Into this mystery.
Say 'eat this bread, take this wine'
Now the simple made divine
For any to receive.

Bridge:
By your mercy, we come to your table,
By your grace you are making us faithful

Chorus:
Lord, we remember You,
And remembrance leads us to worship,
And as we worship You,
Our worship leads to communion;
We respond to your invitation.
We remember You.

Verse 2:
See his body, his blood,
Know that he has overcome
Every trial we will face.
None too lost to be found,
None too broken or ashamed,
All are welcomed in this place.

Here's the mp3 version:


Here's the Youtube version:

 

 
Let us continue to remember him everyday of our God-given lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)