Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Broken Vow by G4 from album G4

My search for the origins of popera (pop opera) drove me to find a group of talented British lads who entered the X Factor talent show in UK. This group called themselves G4 and sang good songs in harmony. They did not win that year's top spot and yet this group moved on to release 3 great albums full of great harmony songs. I could firmly say that before Il Divo was G4 and I'm glad, that although they are now debunked, their songs still remain.

One of such songs is Broken Vow... made famous by Lara Fabian... a song that was used in the Chinovela "Meteor Garden". Anyway, it is a song of release and letting go. I'm in this stage where I am ready to let go and yet time and time again, visions of past blast through dreams and even in reality when I see the person that I had loved. It really is hard to move on but life must go on.

Here's the lyrics:

Tell me his name I want to know
The way he looks and where you go
I need to see his face; I need to understand
Why you and I came to an end

Tell me again I want to hear
Who broke my faith in all these years
Who lays with you at night when I'm here all alone
Remembering when I was your own

[Chorus]
I let you go, I let you fly
Why do I keep on asking why
I let you go now that I found
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow

Tell me the words I never said
Show me the tears your never shed
Give me the touch that one you promised to be mine
Or has it vanished for all time

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I close my eyes and dream of you and I
And then I realize
There's more to love than only bitterness and lies
I close my eyes

I'd give away my soul
To hold you once again
And never let this promise end

[Modified Chorus]
I let you go, I let you fly
Now that I know I'm asking why
I let you go now that I found
A way to keep somehow
More than a broken vow

Here's the mp3 version:



Here's the Meteor Garden Youtube version: (sung by Lara Fabian)


Here's the G4 Youtube version: (Can't find a whole song video... only part of it)


We let go and forgive, but we never forget 'cause it is a part of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)