Tuesday, January 10, 2012

禱告 by 讚美之泉 from 單單只為你

Christian Chinese songs really touch my heart and what a way to start the year (Jan. 1 being a Sunday) to spend time in the Lord's house. Usually, we tend to be overly and eagerly happy because it is New Year. I am one of those who was expecting big song numbers and happy songs, but instead the worship leader chose this to be the first song. At that moment, I wasn't sure if it fit the theme, but looking back, I think it was perfect.

New year. New challenges and problems. New trials. New beginnings and blessings. New endings (at least for me). Everything is unpredictable. Only God knows and He wants us to daily commune with him through prayers and supplications.

I really like the verse because it depicts the attitude of how we should come before our Lord... with humbleness, humility and reverence. I know we can't see God, but He still deserves utmost respect. I also love the promise of God being with us despite the tears flowing out and that His grace is sufficient for our needs. He supplies His daily grace to us when we come to Him.

Here's the Chinese and English lyrics: (both for singing)

禱告,因為我渺小;(I pray, for I am nothing)
禱告,因為我知道我需要 (I pray, for I clearly know I need)
明暸,你心意對我重要。(To seek Your will as it's shown to me)
禱告,已假裝不了;(I pray, for I am searching)
禱告,因為你的愛我需要;(I pray, for Your love is what I need)
你關懷,我走過的你都明白。(On my knees, through the valleys, You walk with me)

有些事我只想要對你說,(Some things I only wanna let You know)
因你比任何人都愛我;('Cause no one loves me like You, my Lord)
痛苦從眼中流下,(Though tears of pain may fall out)
我知道你為我擦。(You're with me I have no doubt)
在早晨我也要來對你說,(As day breaks, Lord I wanna cry to You)
主耶穌今天我為你活;('Cause you so love me, You'll pull me through)
所需要的力量你天天賜給我,(The strength that I need I receive every morning)
你恩典夠我用。(Your grace is all I need)

Here's the mp3 version:



Here's the Youtube version:



Pray to God this start of the year... why pray everyday. Remember, God doesn't need our prayers, it is us who need it more badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)