Thursday, December 8, 2011

Little Drummer Boy by Sean Quigley

I have heard several versions of the song "Little Drummer Boy" but none that has more impact as Sean Quigley's version. Heck, I've been listening to the song every Christmas and yet not know the story behind it nor have I spent time to really listen to the lyrics. And what is more for me to be amazed is how Sean, a 16 yr old Chritsian boy from Winnipeg, could come up with this brilliant project as his gift for Jesus this Christmas.

Sean played drums, sang the song, recorded the video, and even edited the video which is now being seen worldwide. How cool is that and how big a testimony is that showing the world why we celebrate Christmas!

Sean recounts the story of the song in his interview with Larry Updike on CBC. "There was this little boy gets word of Jesus being born, but he doesn't get to see him and he doesn't have anything to give him. I have no money, I has no physical gift, but I can play the drum... And that's more than enough."

Interesting in the video are several friends of his who held "Merry Christmas" in several languages. Sean thought of doing this so that this message can be understood by a lot of people in the world and bring cheer to them this season.

Sean added that it is not for recognition but all for Jesus. Still, his video is getting positive reviews and recognition (especially in school). :)

Here's the lyrics to the song:

Come they told me, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
A new born king to see (Pa rum pum pum pum)
Our finest gifts we bring (Pa rum pum pum pum)
To lay before the king 
(Pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)
So to honor him, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
When we come.

Little baby, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
I am a poor boy too.(Pa rum pum pum pum)
I have no gift to bring (Pa rum pum pum pum)
Thats fit to give the king 
(Pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)
Shall I play for you, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
On my drum.

Mary nodded, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
They ox and lamb kept time, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
I played my drum for him, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
I played my best for him, 
(Pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum)
Then he smiled at me, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
Me and my drum

Then he smiled at me, (Pa rum pum pum pum)
Me and my drum


Here's the mp3 version:



Here's the Youtube version:


Happy drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)