Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Try by Asher Book from Fame OST

I have been a fan of musicals or any show that has music on it. I really feel the music enhancing the quality of the show or the movie. It not only stimulates my sense of sight but at the same time my sense of hearing. These two combined leaves me desiring for more of these kinds of movies / shows.

One such movie that has left me with a mark is "Fame". The movie talks about the struggles of teenage life in a music school set-up. It shows the different aspects of life - love, school, pressure, fame, etc. while inserting some of the most memorable songs I've heard. One such song is "Try" sung by Asher Book. This song is just plain simple but the meaning is deep. It also is very personal to me 'coz i'm planning on using it to the girl that I love.

Here's the lyrics to the song:



Verse 1

If I walk, would you run?
If I stop, would you come?
If I say you're the one, would you believe me?
If I ask you to stay, would you show me the way?
Tell me what to say so you don't leave me.

The world is catching up to you
While you're running away to chase your dream.
It's time for us to make a move 'cause we are asking one another to change
And maybe I'm not ready

Chorus
But I'll try for your love. I can hide up above.
I will try for your love. We've been hiding enough.

Verse 2
If I sing you a song, would you sing along?
Or wait till I'm gone, oh how we push and pull.
If I give you my heart would you just play the part
Or tell me it's the start of something beautiful.

Am I catching up to you while running away to chase your dreams
It's time for us to make a move 'cause we are coming to each other to change
And maybe I'm not ready

Chorus
But I'll try for your love. I can hide up above.
I will try for your love. We've been hiding enough.
But I'll try for your love. I can hide up above

If I walk would you run
If I stop would you come
If I say you're the one would you believe me.


You can also listen to the mp3 version here: 



And the original version from the movie here:


I hope you all liked it as well! Happy listening!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)