Sunday, September 4, 2011

Psalm 1 - Growing Deeper Together: Friends For Keeps


Ah, to be able to experience the joy and pain of writing devotionals is simply a memorable task. I remember the first time I wrote a devotional, I had a hard time making them simply because I was afraid of the big responsibility at hand (too bad the file was lost). I was really shaking 'cause I was thinking "Why me? There are definitely better writers among my peers so why me?" And yet God was teaching me something that He wants to imprint in my heart... "Do it for me... I want you to try it and trust in me..." I believe He is right because maybe God's servants (the pastoral staff) saw something in me that I have not seen before - that is to write devotionals for His people.

My English is not too great and sometimes I write with the youth or young professional in mind... but that didn't stop me from writing 'cause I believe that He placed around people who are better in English and who could translate what I wrote to audiences of different ages. Such is the case for this current post (by the way, thanks to Pastor Dorie Li for editing and enhancing this 1-day devotional written for our church's youth fellowship.)

Here's my introduction:

As Christians, it is but natural for us to grow and have a deeper understanding of God and His will for our lives. And yet, most of the time, our growth is affected by our outward circumstances and situations (for example by media, trends, etc.) But the most influential factor, I believe, is still people we come in contact with. People can lead us to or away from the Lord. Psalm 1 provides us with wise teachings that can help us grow deeper in love with the Lord and with other Christians.
Click the link below to get the full pdf version of my devotional material:
Psalm 1 - Growing Deeper Together: Friends for Keeps

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)