Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reaching For Heaven by Diana DeGarmo from Ice Princess OST

Hello again. I'm writing today about the song of Diana DeGarmo entitled "Reaching For Heaven". The lyrics are so uplifting and very inspirational. At first it talks about just thinking about dreams and spending night wondering it it would come true. The chorus bursts with energy and as if you've come out of your shell and you realized that it is possible for your dreams to come true and that I should just mope and dream forever.

I won't ever forget the story of this science geek girl who chose ice skating to be her project. She believed that science could enhance and help the skaters skate better. In the process, she began to skate as well and she realized that she loved ice skating. Although she had to go through several tests in her determination and commitment to the sport (including her mother's disapproval), she overcame all these that shows her passion for ice skating. This song was her dance piece for the finals.

Here are the lyrics:

All my life there was just me and my dreams
And the days went ticking by like the beat of my heart
Spend my nights wondering how it would feel
When the waiting would end and tomorrow would start
Suddenly I see the light out of the darkness I'm coming alive

Chorus:
So this is how it feels reaching for heaven
This is how it feels kissing the sky
This is what it means touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reaching for heaven

All this time I never knew I was so strong
But you made me find the fire
That was there all along
In your eyes I can see all I can be
Suddenly I want it all
I know you'll catch me whenever I fall


Chorus

You alone have shown me
Shining new horizons
Now for all I owe you
It's my turn to show you

Chorus

Reaching for heaven
This how it feels kissing the sky
This what it means touching forever
Like a phoenix rising from the flames
I'm reaching for heaven

Reaching for heaven
Heaven

Here's the mp3 version:



Here's the actual video of her skating to the song:


Hope you dream and reach for your dreams!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)