Friday, September 16, 2011

Remember Me This Way by Jordan Hill from Casper OST

Another memorable movie from when I was still a kid... Casper. Who could forget that ever lingering tune... "Casper the friendly ghost..." hehe Not only was it produced as a cartoon but it became a movie hit during 1995 when the film was released. The movie is about frienship between Casper, a ghost, and Kat, a girl. The highlight in the movie, which I can still remember to this day, is when Casper refused the ultimate opportunity to become alive again. He sacrifice this opportunity for the sake of Kat's dad who just died. We can see here how Casper's act of love for Kat speak louder than any human words can say.

Thus we come to the song "Remember Me This Way." If I remember correctly, this song was playing while Casper and Kat were dancing in a Holloween ball. We know that Casper sacrificed his chance, but Kat's mom (in the form of an angel) returned to give Casper a temporary human body so he can dance with Kat. As they danced, both Casper and Kat slowly levitated to the shock of everyone in the party! This is a special song indeed as it tells us to remember those special times with our loved ones - whether they are alive or dead.

Here are the lyrics:

Every now and then
We find a special friend
Who never lets us down
Who understands it all
Reaches out each time you fall
You're the best friend that I've found
I know you can't stay
A part of you will never ever go away
Your heart will stay

* I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mind
If you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way
Remember me this way
Hmm……….. this way

I don't need eyes to see
The love you bring to me
No matter where I go
And I know that you'll be there
Forever more apart of time, you're everywhere
I'll always cares
(Repeat *)

And I'll be right behind your shoulder watching you
I'll be standing by your side and all you do
And I won't ever leave
As long as you believe
You just believe
(Repeat *)

Here is the mp3 version:



Here is the Youtube version:


Here's the movie clip I was talking about!



Hope you remembered someone special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)