Wednesday, August 17, 2011

If Only Tears Could Bring You Back by Midnight Sons from Pokemon: The First Movie OST

Been busy this week... anyway off to a different topic. Have you experienced a death of a loved one especially some really close? Have you desperately wished that he or she didn't have to die or wished that you could just have a few more seconds or minutes with him or her? Sometimes, we do... it's human nature and yet the irony is it is also the natural course of man to die! And yet in our weakest, most vulnerable time, we often heave a sigh or pray to God and in this case/song... wish that our tears could bring them back!

I've come across this song when I was still in high school and when Pokemon was still THE craze. It is a song from the Pokemon the First Movie entitled "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back". The funny, odd thing is that such a serious song is found in an anime movie for kids! The mood of the song is very gloomy and I really feel the words of the chorus especially when it says "What I would do, what I would give if you return to me someday, somehow, someway!" Doesn't these words express what we truly feel in that moment in time?

Here's the lyrics of the song:

How will I start tomorrow without you here?
Who's heart will guide me while the answers disappear?
Is it to late, are you to far gone to stay?
Best friends forever, should never have to go away!

What will I do?  You know I'm only half without you!
How will I make it through?

Chorus:
 If only tears could bring you back to me!
 If only love could find a way!
 What I would do, what I would give if you
 Return to me, someday, some how, some way!
 If my tears could bring you back to me!

I'd cry you an ocean if you'd sail on home again
Waves of emotion will carry you. I know they can!
Just love will guide you and your heart will chart the course
Soon you'll be drifting to the arms of your true north!

Look in my eyes, you'll see a million tears have gone by!
And still they're not dry!

Repeat Chorus

I've hold you close and shout the words I've only whisper before
For one more chance, for one last dance
There's not a thing that I would not endure!

Repeat Chorus

Here's the mp3 version:



Here's the Youtube version:



Hope this song reminded you of someone you dearly loved!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)