Sunday, July 24, 2011

真實的悔改 from 讚美之泉 不要放棄 • 滿有能力

Another song from SOP (Stream of Praise) album 14 不要放棄 • 滿有能力 (Do Not Give Up • I Am Strengthened In Him) that is all about turning back to God. It is interesting that they use the word "turn" here. Sometimes, people use the word turn connoting a 360 degrees turn... meaning there is no change in life [a 360 degrees turn return the person to its original position]. What the song is saying here is a 180 degrees turn in life... meaning a total turn towards the opposite direction.

I am reminded of a song that I used to sing when I was in high school. The title is "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus". The verse 3 goes "The world behind me, the cross before me...No turning back, no turning back." It goes to show there are two sides and no neutral ground. You can't serve two Masters, either you are for Christ or against Christ.

Anyway, back to the song... I find it more apt for new believers to sing this, but this is also applicable to old believers because we are in the process of sanctification each and every day. So we still sin but we try, with God's help, to sin less. I hope and pray that God will use this song as a quiet time song when coming before our God.

Here are the lyrics:

已救贖我們 (Lord, you have bought me with Your)
招聚我們為爭戰 (Precious blood and renewed my heart)
主我們同心尋求 (And you invite me to Your)
的國度的公義 (Kingdom and to Your righteousness)
赦免我們 得罪了(Lord, I come to repent all of my sins)
從今天起我們要 (I want to walk in Your ways)
順服旨意 (Let me live again)

主我們真實的悔改 (Today, I turn my life to You)
回轉到面前 (To Your holy calling)
赦免我們的罪 (O Lord, cleanse my spirit, my soul)
潔淨我們的心 (Restore my heart again)
主再次賜下恩典 (Today, I live in Your mercy)
再次賜下憐憫 (In Your loving kindness)
塑造我們生命 (Refine me, and make my life new)
而活 一生討喜悅 (To follow You. And live only for You)

Here is the mp3 version:



Here is the Youtube version:


Lord, I turn my life to You... from sin turn 180 degrees to You!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are highly appreciated :)